Thursday, September 2, 2010

5 for 5

One of the first projects we finished was the butterfly unit. As luck would have it, all 5 of our caterpillars from insect lore arrived alive. We had a few moments of AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH...not a sigh relief mind you. One was after I placed the container with caterpillars on top of my husband's dresser. I thought for sure the kids could not reach up there. Little did I know. Here I was relaxing in the livingroom for a moment, when I decided to check on the kids. They were jumping on my bed, which I do not mind that much. I looked over and the container was gone. Panic set in. What did the kids do with our caterpillars?? Anything was possible with these two. Luckily, my daughter had just moved them, and they survived the trauma of two rambunctious kids. The day after we received the caterpillars, they began their transformation. It was awesome watching them.
Photobucket

As you can see, they hatched! All 5 of our caterpillars survived to adulthood. The kids are so excited!

Photobucket

Ok,I have to explain something here. It's really a Hannahism. You see Hannah judges the "niceness" of bugs by whether they will sit on her finger and if they will talk to her. I certainly think our butterflies pass the nice test.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment