Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

Ok I know it's been a while. I really wanted to post more, but life keeps me going along. Hannah had a good appointment for her ears. We are waiting to see if they heal on their own. That would definitely be a God thing. The doctor said she would be lost in a classroom at this point, so it's a good thing we homeschool!
So far we have enjoyed learning about American History. I recommend watching Liberty's Kids on You Tube. It is educational and the kids like it. I never knew so much about the Revolutionary War! Over the Christmas break, I noticed that Hannah is more into her memorization for Classical Conversations. It takes a while, but the information is beginning to stick! I really enjoy this program and highly recommend it. Her reading skills continue to become more sophisticated and her math is taking off. We are skip counting up to the 11's so far. I'm guessing that multiplication will not be too difficult when we get to it.

Another great thing is that I'm beta testing a new website called Duolingo. Check them out. Maybe you can get in while they are taking new testers. Hannah and I are learning Spanish this way. It's a fun program. I'm learning a lot. I guess it's paying off to because she asked for milk in Spanish.

Things are settling down after Christmas. The kids were spoiled a little at grandma's, but that's part of the fun. I hope you had a great Christmas everyone.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment